Wise is the easiest way to transfer money between currencies. Get a fee-free transfer with the Wise Referral Code link located here.
Click here for a FREE transfer!
Want a free transfer without a Wise Referral Code?
That’s right! If you are a NEW Wise customer, you can get a free transfer by clicking here.
If you’re not a new user, scroll down to view other money transfer sites that offer free first time transfers or other goodies.
My Wise Review
I’ve personally used this service, and it was a breezy experience. It was also a bazillion times cheaper than a bank (ok a bazillion might be an overestimate, but it’s significant, as in HUNDREDS of dollars cheaper, depending on the size of your transfer. Plus, they give you your first transfer for free)
I was originally drawn to use Wise because of the Wise free transfer code deal they have going, as it makes transferring money that extra bit easier and cheaper, even from other transfer services.
Tutorial: Using the Wise Free Transfer Code
- Head on over to Wise and enter how much you’re transferring and in what currencies. You will automatically qualify you for the free transfer, you don’t actually need a Wise referral code (you’ll see a yellow strip saying you have the free transfer).
- Pay Wise from the account you’re sending from. It can be a bank account or credit/debit card. You’re essentially putting the money in a holding account (i.e. The money moves like this: First account -> Wise -> Second account)
- Wise then matches you with people who are sending money in the opposite direction and essentially “trades” your money—which is why it costs so little. So if you’re sending US dollars to UK pounds, Wise will find someone (or multiple people), sending UK pounds to US dollars, and swap your amounts.
- The money then gets sent to your final bank account, in the correct currency.
Tips for Using a Wise Discount Code
- Be sure to visit Wise through a valid referral link to receive a discount on your first transfer
- The promo code only works for your first transfer (see Remitly if you’ve already used Wise—they give you a $40 Amazon gift card your first time).
- You can earn money or credits from Wise by referring your own friends
You can also use the Wise apps
Note: This mobile method does not qualify for the free transfer.
That’s it for my Wise Review and Wise referral code links. I know as soon as you give it a shot you’ll be a convert for life. Even Sir Richard Branson is involved!